The LifeLabs project began in December of 2015 and consisted of completing landlord and tenant renovations in the LifeLabs space simultaneously. The schedule was extremely aggressive and the budget was also heavily scrutinized allowing for very little wiggle room. To compound matters, the space was partially occupied at the time of construction and necessitated hoarding strategies to ensure the safety of both the public and the members of our team. We also employed after hours crews for certain portions of the scope that were either especially noisy or cumbersome to the day-to-day operations of the facility. We engaged the client in a time intensive preconstruction phase to safeguard against schedule delays and potential change order troubles and as a result we completed the project on time and on budget. The scope for the project included renovating the screening rooms, storage rooms and reception areas of the facility, including the space’s finishes, electrical and mechanical systems. However, our most interesting task during construction was to install the extremely sensitive lab equipment which we managed to do without compromising the equipment as was the worry due to dust and other debris. Major lessons learned for our team included managing an occupied space while also pairing our safety program with that of a very specific tenant and client which translated into a major success as we were able to organize all of our trades to work under these health and safety parameters.